- Completed Engineering Trade as Tool & Die Maker with J & AP Scott, Dunedin.
- Worked at Twizel for over six years as Fitter Turner and later as Mechanical Fitter. Gained experience in maintenance of a variety of equipment, from industrial pumps to heavy earthmoving machinery.
- Worked in hotel management for over two years learning the importance of gaining a return on dollars invested. (EVA).
- Joined the Chesterton Global Network of Specialists
- Has remained involved in the Industry to the present day (Some 22 years later). This period involved six years as a Specialist, 11 years as Sales Manager, three years working directly for the manufacturer and the remaining two years as the owner of the North Island of New Zealand Distributorship and, more recently, the newly formed company in Victoria, Australia.
- Root Cause Analysis. Many years of identifying how to improve equipment performance and being able to convey these ideas as an opportunity to improve things / profits.
- Developed computer skills that has enabled the development of QA / QC systems for plant shuts / turnarounds, with major plants such as Methanex New Zealand.
- Global work has exposed Keith to many different ways of examining ideas. He visits the Chesterton, USA, factory regularly to gain knowledge on the latest technology for equipment maintenance and improvements in the manufacturing industry.
Keith's approach to sales is "If we can't make it better for them, why bother them".
Has developed, and presented to most major industries in NZ and Victoria, seminars for training on how to enhance Pump Performance (P.P.I.P.). This includes pumps, bearings, mechanical seals, gland packing, trouble shooting and environmental controls.
Return to top